BIX PIX ENTERTAINMENT VFX Artist: 2017 - 2018
- Designing and implementing visual effects, including lighting effects, water effects, and other element alterations.
- Rig removal, puppet and set augmentations.
- Working closely with the director and editor on establishing and ensuring a consistent aesthetic design language
BIX PIX ENTERTAINMENT VFX INTERN: 2017
- Implement Adobe AE to clean and polish animation, including wire rig removal and correcting light and set shifts.
ALLIANCE STUDIO / lutagear: 2017
- Web page coding, updating and clean up.
- Working with web hosting platforms.
- Troubleshoot and assist with issues involving internet business listings, including:
- Setting up business profiles on Amazon, PayPal & Ebay
- Setting up and managing email accounts
- Managing and troubleshooting issues with UPC codes and ASINs
NYU ANIMATION TECHNICAL ASSISTANT: 2014 - 2017
- Assist faculty and staff with technical problems, from equipment issues to computer software troubleshooting.
- Assist students checking out heavy lighting and camera equipment.
- Support students and faculty for 28 weekly classes
FUSION FILM FESTIVAL VR: 2017
- Assist in set up and running of Samsung Gear VR experience panel.
NYU DATABASE DESIGN COURSE GRADER: 2016
- Read and understand others’ code (MySQL, PHP, XHTML, Python, SQLite, MongoDB) and grade accordingly.
NYU STUDENT ANIMATION LEAGUE co-president / secretary: 2014 - 2016
- Plan, organize and run animation related events, such as guest speakers and screenings of those in the industry (Laika, Disney, BlueSky etc).
MISC. WORK EXPERIENCE
NYU SPORTS OPERATIONS MONITOR: 2014
- Monitor safety practices with gym equipment.
Lonehill Residents Association (RSA) DATA CAPTURER: 2013
- Organise and capture data into specialized software.
- Counting to Infinity in Groups of Three - Personal student film - 2016/7
MOTION GRAPHICS ANIMATOR
- Violet Lights NYU test demo - 2016
- SONYC for Violet Lights NYU demo - 2016
- Voices in my Head - Personal student film - 2015 (Unfinished)
SPECIAL EFFECTS MAKEUP ARTIST
- Unweaving (music video) - Rachel Lambert - 2016
- Bunny Bizness - Irisa Hou student film - 2014
- Primordia - Casey Drogin student film - 2014
Tortuga - Melanie Cuccioli student film - 2014
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY - GPA: 3.827
MAGNA CUM LAUDE
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA Film & Television - Animation): 2013 – 2017 • New York, NY
- Web Programming and Applications
- Computer Science and Mathematics (focus in Java and Calculus)
Crawford college lonehill
High school: 2008 - 2012; 9 Distinctions
Valedictorian; Member of Judiciary; Member of Executive Council.
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AFRICA
Theory of Music: four years - high distinction
TRINITY COLLEGE LONDON
Trinity Guildhall Piano: five years